In his self portraits Van Gogh wears blue jackets and smocks. Keen to depict himself as a worker as well as a painter, he also used these classic blue uniforms as a way to manipulate colour in his paintings - enhancing the bright orange of his hair.
We have sourced these jackets from authentic French workwear brand Vétra. Founded in 1927, Vétra has always made well detailed and long-lasting garments for workers, craftsmen and artists.
We immediately fell in love with this family business, their approach to durable materials and quality manufacturing. This is a jacket for life!
We stock this jacket in the classic workwear colour Hydrone Blue as well as a beautiful Quince for those looking for something a bit different. The copper buttons are a detail we particularly appreciate.
We stock a variety of colours, styles and sizes. Look carefully at our photos and read the product descriptions to appreciate the details and qualities of the materials.
100% Cotton Twill
5 buttons, 3 outer pockets + 1 inner pocket
French sizes 44, 46, 48 (S, M, L)
Model is 5'8'' and wearing a size 44.
Due to the operational hours of the house, we ship orders from Monday to Friday. Orders are sent out the next working day via UK Royal Mail.
* For the shipping details of our limited editions, see the specific price in item description.
- Orders under £10 - Royal Mail 2nd Class costs £2.18
- Orders under £50 - Royal Mail 2nd Class costs £3.95
- Orders over £50 - Royal Mail Special Delivery costs £7.50
Europe & rest of world (including USA)
- Orders Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed - shipping price calculated at checkout