In his self portraits Van Gogh wears blue jackets and smocks. Keen to depict himself as a worker as well as a painter, he also used these classic blue uniforms as a way to manipulate colour in his paintings - enhancing the bright orange of his hair.
We have sourced these jackets from authentic French workwear brand Vétra. Founded in 1927, Vétra has always made well detailed and long-lasting garments for workers, craftsmen and artists.
We immediately fell in love with this family business, their approach to durable materials and quality manufacturing. This is a jacket for life!
Although all the jackets are unisex, we stock this classic jacket in Hydrone Blue for those who want a closer fit. The inner pocket is a practical details we particularly appreciate.
We stock a variety of colours, styles and sizes. Look carefully at our photos and read the product descriptions to appreciate the details and qualities of the materials.
100% Cotton Twill
5 buttons, 3 outer pockets + 1 inner pocket
French sizes 36, 38, 40 are equivalent to UK 8, 10, 12
Due to the operational hours of the house, we ship orders from Monday to Friday. Orders are sent out the next working day via UK Royal Mail.
* For the shipping details of our limited editions, see the specific price in item description.
- Orders under £10 - Royal Mail 2nd Class costs £2.18
- Orders under £50 - Royal Mail 2nd Class costs £3.95
- Orders over £50 - Royal Mail Special Delivery costs £7.50
Europe & rest of world (including USA)
- Orders Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed - shipping price calculated at checkout